World Book Traveller is a literature study that will help you guide your children towards a love of good books. Snuggled up, reading together on the couch you begin your world tour. You are the travel guide. The books are the transport. The children are the tourists. The journey is ahead. With each book you will open their eyes to world geography, art appreciation and the natural connection of ideas that are presented in each book.
Sixteen picture books have been chosen as the your Travel Books. These books are the starting point of the literature studies. Each varies in its flavour, art and location. The books were chosen for their educational, literary and artistic merit. There are true tales, legends, fiction and factual stories. Every story has something special to share with your child that will enrich their experience of the world.
At the back of this ebook you will find 16 Map Marker. There is a book cover picture for each book studied.
Picture Books must be purchased separately. Book list includes:
- How to Bake an Apple Pie and See the World by Majorie Priceman
- The Quilt Makers Gift by Jeff Brumbeau
- Very Last First Time by Jan Andrews
- Make Way For Ducklings by Robert McCloskey
- Isabella’s Bed by Alison Lester
- The Story About Ping by Marjorie Flack and Kurt Wiese
- A Pair of Red Clogs by Masako Matsuno
- The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
- The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf
- Papa Piccolo by Carol Talley
- A New Coat For Anna by Harriet Ziefert
- Beatrice’s Goat by Page McBrier
- The Librarian of Bazra by Jeanette Winter
- The Chicken Man by Michelle Edwards
- Tom Crean’s Rabbit: A True Story from Scott’s Last Voyage by Meredith Hooper
- My Place by Nadia Wheatley
This resource is suitable for teaching one child or multiple children.
The core travel books are aimed at children aged 5-8.
Younger children will also enjoy listening to the read-alouds.