Wonderland of Nature Journal ebook
Teaching children to observe nature through journaling.
The Wonderland of Nature Journal is a downloadable companion to the The Wonderland of Nature book.
It will help your children develop the habit of observing the environment, recording and interpreting what they see and feel.
Your children are encouraged to make their own nature journal while reading through The Wonderland of Nature.
There are 32 Discovery Pages for your child. Each corresponds to various chapters in the book. All the Discovery Page allows your child to add their own observations. For the most part there are no right and wrong answers, as these are not revision worksheets, but rather aids to exploration and consolidation of the material covered in The Wonderland of Nature.
You can print off as many copies as you want for your own children and do this as a family group activity.
The Discovery Nature Journal Pages include:
• Discussion question for narration related to the chapter.
• A place for your child to record their own observations of nature for that day.
• Space for labelling an illustration, finishing of a picture, or making their own nature drawing.
• Lines for relevant notes.
• Web links to child friendly websites for more information.
Once your child has begun their nature journal they need not be limited to the Discovery Pages. They can make their own special entries of events from their own experience such as the possum they saw or a bird that visits your home.