Mother Goose Classic Copywork eBook
Familiar Rhymes To Enjoy
Mother Goose Classic Copywork is a collection of traditional English nursery rhymes written for children. These rhymes help children learn dates, numbers, times, months, little truths and phonemic awareness. They are often familiar and children enjoy the alliterations.
Each page has charming Victorian illustrations that children will love.
This printing and cursive versions are for a children who have learned the basic sequence of letter formation and have had some practise with copywork.
How to Use Our Copywork eBooks
- Select the copywork ebook that best suits your child’s ability.
- Print of the selected ebook in one go and fasten it together.
- Put them with your child’s other homeschool work.
- Instruct your children to do one page of the copywork book per day (if this is too difficult then work towards a page a day).
It’s that easy! It requires minimal forward planning and it’s something they can do independently.
Choosing Your Font
Manuscript Handwriting Font Styles: This style is characterised by its easy to learn vertical letter forms. The child has only four simple strokes to learn and mastery is quickly accomplished. The printed letters are easily read and are often used in books.
- Zaner-Bloser and Ball and Stick are basically the same manuscript font with a different name.
- Manuscript cursive is fancier; in fact it is quite different to the printing style. It was the style I used at school back in the 1970s. My daughters prefer this font.
Covering The Australian Curriculum
- Children produce texts in the desired handwriting font from classic literature and poetry.
- Basic spelling and punctuation rules are used when reproducing different texts.
- Vocabulary is increased with exposure to different texts.
- Produces texts clearly, effectively and accurately, using the sentence structure, grammatical features and punctuation conventions of the text type.
- Uses knowledge of letter-sound correspondences, common letter patterns and a range of strategies to spell familiar and unfamiliar words.
PDF ebook: 64 pages
Recommended Age: Ages 6 to 7
Curriculum Suggestion: Kindergarten (Foundation) to Year 2