A Child’s Garden of Verses Copywork Ebooks
Garden Verses Copywork is a selection of famous poems from A Child’s Garden of Verses published in 1885.
Robert Louis Stevenson, the author, was a Scotchman by birth, who, owing to ill-health, became a world traveller. His literary works are highly recommended and they appear on many notable recommended reading lists for children.
His garden verse poetry is beautifully written on themes that artistically portray ever day things that appear in a child’s life.
These poems have been made into an easy to use copywork book that gives your child an excellent handwriting model.
The pretty black and white illustrations add to the chosen passages.
Encourage your child to read the poems aloud for some public speaking practise.
This ebook is available in printing or cursive.
How to Use Our Copywork eBooks
- Select the copywork ebook that best suits your child’s ability.
- Print of the selected ebook in one go and fasten them together.
- Put them with your child’s other homeschool work.
- Instruct them to copy one page of the copywork book per day (if this is too difficult then work towards a page a day).
It’s that easy, it requires minimal forward planning and it’s something they can do independently.
Choosing Your Font
Covering The Australian Curriculum
- Children produce texts in the desired handwriting font from classic literature and poetry.
- Basic spelling and punctuation rules are used when reproducing different texts.
- Vocabulary is increased with exposure to different texts.
- Produces texts clearly, effectively and accurately, using the sentence structure, grammatical features and punctuation conventions of the text type.
- Uses knowledge of letter-sound correspondences, common letter patterns and a range of strategies to spell familiar and unfamiliar words.
PDF ebook: 60 pages
Recommended Age: 8 to 10
Curriculum Suggestion: Year 3 to Year 5
This ebook is also available as part of the Classic Copywork Set.