Aesop’s Fables Copywork
Aesop’s fables copywork is full of wisdom from ancient times before Christ.
Each short fable tells a story that illustrates a particular life lesson. The animal characters are often personified with human characteristics which appeal to children.
Aesop’s Fables appear on many children’s reading lists because of their cultural relevance to western culture. They’re where many expressions, such as “sour grapes” and “slow and steady”, originate.
Even if you have read these to your children before they can still enjoy them again as they use them for their copywork.
This copywork is taken from Aesop’s Fables by George Fyler Townsend
Early Handwriting Print ebook
The large font is excellent for children just mastering their letters. View Sample Italics Font.
Cursive Version – Advanced Cursive
This is for the more advanced writer. Over 80 pages of copywork from 30 Aesop’s Fables.
It is intended for children who have already mastered the basics of cursive handwriting.
How to Use Our Copywork eBooks
- Select the copywork ebook that best suits your child’s ability.
- Print of the selected ebook in one go and fasten them together.
- Put them with your child’s other homeschool work.
- Instruct them to copy one page of the copywork book per day (if this is too difficult then work towards a page a day).
It’s that easy, it requires minimal forward planning and it’s something they can do independently.
Choosing Your Font
Manuscript Handwriting Font Styles This style is characterised by its easy to learn vertical letter forms. The child has only four simple strokes to learn and mastery is quickly accomplished. The printed letters are easily read and are often used in books.
- Zaner-Bloser and Ball and Stick are basically the same manuscript font with a different name.
- Manuscript cursive is fancier; in fact it is quite different to the printing style. It was the style I used at school back in the 1970s. My daughters prefer this font.
Covering The Australian Curriculum
- Children produce texts in the desired handwriting font from classic literature and poetry.
- Basic spelling and punctuation rules are used when reproducing different texts.
- Vocabulary is increased with exposure to different texts.
- Produces texts clearly, effectively and accurately, using the sentence structure, grammatical features and punctuation conventions of the text type.
- Uses knowledge of letter-sound correspondences, common letter patterns and a range of strategies to spell familiar and unfamiliar words
This ebook is also available as part of the Classic Copywork Set.